Friday, October 21, 2011

Lovin me some Fall

    I absolutely LOVE fall! Its always been my favorite season. Falls are a little bit different now than they were growin up.
    You see, in the SOUTH fall meant pretty colored trees, lots of fallen pinecones, a school holiday for the State Fair of Texas, anything & everything fried, our beloved YAMBOREE [only the best small-town fair,rodeo,barn-dance ever], perfect & brisk 70 degree weather [finally no humidity], with an occasional 90 degree day :), crawfish boils, octoberfest @ sixflags, the best time of year for an outdoor concert, haunted houses, lotssss of FOOTBALL games, homecoming, not to mention the homecoming mums the size of Texas :), our family reunion, bonfires [ but just for looks cause its too dang warm still], b-b-q's, and most of all.... great friends & even greater family.
    Now up here in Idaho we have even more beautiful colored trees, lots of fallen pinecones, 2 weeks out of school for spud harvest, the eastern idaho state fair [which is NO comparrison], you cant get nothin but a scone fried here, the Madison county fair is terrible, the rodeos even worse, 50 degree days 60 if youre lucky, crawfish.... never heard of it, nothing even similar to sixflags, outdoor concerts where you freeze your hiney off, haunted houses, some football.. which mainly consists of ESPN on 24/7 [nobody does it like the South], homecoming, what are mums?.....family get togethers, bonfires [to actually warm you up], b-b-q's, and still lots of great family & friends...
    So ya, in all I would say, fall in the Louisiana & Texas beats fall in Idaho anyday. So why do I still love it here?... This culture may be completely different than I have been accustomed to, my southern ways of talking peoples ears off may still annoy some people, and my loss of an accent, after 5 years of living here still makes me want to cry. But nothing...... can beat what we've got goin on here.
    I've got a loving husband who works his rear off at the farm [particularly this time of year] to provide for our family, I've got a little boy who does nothing but smile when this chilly weather makes him sick, We've got 2 dogs that make our lives a little more stressfull but alot more entertaining, We live in a home with 40 acres, on a beautiful river, with some of the best fishin in the nation, that we only imagined we could have at this point in our lives, & not to mention we live by tons of family. I feel SO BLESSED :)
    Here's a couple of pictures  I took of Rydin while we were lovin us a perfect Idaho fall day:




1 comment: